Sunday, June 7, 2009

Keeping Up With The Technology

I think it is important to keep up with the latest computer technology. Librarians are feeling the pressure to do the same. Libraries are finding it difficult to keep up with this computer age because the lack of funding for the adequate resources and the public does not have the same necessity for libraries like they did in the past. Take for instance the audio book website I looked at. This site had books that I could download and listen to. All I have to do is download them on my little device and I can listen away.
I was trying to keep up with technology and was looking at the podcast website trying to download a podcast to my blog page and I couldn't figure it out. I was listening to different podcasts about Kinesiology. There were many different shows from all over the United States I could choose from.
The Technorati page I found to be interesting. This page has every blog topic imaginable. I blog searched Kinesiology and found 432 results. The tag words associated with Kinesiology were muscle testing, sports, education and herbalist. The photos I saw about Kinesiology were of human skulls. The videos I looked at were titled Anatomy & Kinesiology for Dancers and Muscle Testing.
I like YouTube. I chose a video that is silly and fun to watch because I thought it would be entertaining. There are so many to choose from I can see how a person can get hooked on YouTube, especially if they loved to watch and post their own videos.
The Movement Analysis Software looks really useful and interesting. I have been having trouble with it, because I can't open the video in the software so I can analyze and do the measurements.
So much of my life revolves around my computer. I use it for school, shopping and talking with friends through various sites. I couldn't imagine life without it. This is why I think it is important for me to keep up with computer technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment